Goalie stats pulled from Monday January 28, 2013 through Sunday February 3, 2013.
1. Roberto Luongo – Luongo has played his way into a starter role for the time being after beginning the season as Cory Schneider’s backup. The three-time Vezina finalist has allowed just three goals in his last three starts, stopping 77 of 80 shots (.963 save percentage), and earning a shutout against Colorado. He was outstanding in Vancouver’s shootout win over Chicago:
2. Craig Anderson – Anderson continued his rock-solid play in four starts last week, stopping 129 of 132 shots (.955 save percentage). Unfortunately for Ottawa, they failed to capitalize on great games from Anderson, losing 1-0 to Carolina and 2-1 to Montreal in their last two.
3. Antti Niemi – Niemi stopped 77 of 82 shots (.939 save percentage) in his last three starts for San Jose.
Honorable mentions: Corey Crawford stopped 44 of 47 (.936 save percentage) shots in his last two starts for Chicago. Pekka Rinne earned two crucial wins for the struggling Predators, stopping 49 of 51 (.961 save percentage) in his last two starts.
Worst of the Week:
1. Ondrej Pavelec – The Winnipeg starter had an awful week, giving up more than four goals in all three games he played. He stopped just 59 of 73 shots he faced (.808 save percentage), and his team lost all three games.
2. Ryan Miller – Miller struggled in his last four games for Buffalo, stopping 104 of 120 shots faced (.867 save percentage), and allowing four goals in all four of those games.
3. Miikka Kiprusoff – Despite facing just 40 shots in two games, Kiprusoff allowed six goals (.825 save percentage), continuing his poor start to the season for Calgary.
1/28/2013 – Chad Johnson (Coyotes) stopped all 21 shots against the Predators.
1/31/2013 – Roberto Luongo (Canucks) stopped 24 shots against Colorado.
1/31/2013 – Tomas Vokoun (Penguins) stopped 28 shots, shutting out the Rangers.
2/1/2013 – Dan Ellis (Hurricanes) made 33 saves against Ottawa.
2/2/2013 – Tuukka Rask (Bruins) stopped all 21 shots he faced against the Maple Leafs.
2/2/2013 – Mike Smith (Coyotes) stopped 17 shots against Dallas.
2/3/2013 – Johan Hedberg (Devils) stopped all 22 shots he faced against the Islanders.
Kari Lehtonen cleans up after himself in impressive fashion:
Antti Niemi robs David Legwand:
Henrik Lundqvist stops a Sidney Crosby breakaway:
The Hockey Guys is all hockey, all the time. We put together a CHL, AHL and NHL credentialed staff and form a website supplying you with the most unique hockey views online.
Advertise With Us
Looking to expose your brand to hundreds of thousands of readers & Podcast LIsteners? Contact Jhabsthg@gmail.com for more details on our packages.