Goalie stats pulled from Monday February 11, 2013 through Sunday February 17, 2013.
1. Ben Scrivens – After James Reimer was injured during the Leafs’ game against the Flyers, Scrivens was fantastic in relief, stopping 32 of 33 shots he faced to preserve the 5-2 win. He continued his strong play for the rest of the week, stopping 96 of 100 shots (.960 SV%) in the three games he played, and earning his first career NHL shutout against the Senators.
2. Pekka Rinne – Rinne was outstanding in his three starts, earning two shutouts, and allowing just two goals in three games. He stopped 64 of 66 shots faced (.970 SV%), but wasn’t able to get the shootout win against the Ducks.
2. Viktor Fasth – The 30-year-old from Sweden continued to be lights out for the Ducks, stopping 86 of 92 shots (.935 SV%) in his three wins last week. He was named the NHL’s Second Star of the Week, and has yet to lose an NHL game in his first eight starts in the league.
Honorable mentions: Marc-Andre Fleury was able to put his slow start behind him and string together a great week of starts, stopping 82 of 88 (.932 SV%) shots he faced in three consecutive wins for the Penguins. Since Brian Elliott has been awful for the Blues, rookie Jake Allen stepped in to start a few games in Jaroslav Halak’s absence. Allen stopped 73 of 81 shots (.901 SV%), earning three straight wins for the Blues. Henrik Lundqvist stopped 64 of 68 shots (.941 SV%) for the Rangers in two starts.
Worst of the Week:
1. Richard Bachman – With Kari Lehtonen out with an injury, Bachman has struggled, stopping 56 of 69 shots (.812 SV%) in three games for the Stars.
2. Jimmy Howard – Howard had a rough week, stopping 53 of 61 shots (.869 SV%) in two games for Detroit.
3. Martin Brodeur – Brodeur came back down to earth this week after a hot start, stopping 46 of 52 shots (.885 SV%) in two games for the Devils.
Dishonorable mention: Despite a great game in Winnipeg, Ilya Bryzgalov had a tough week for Philadelphia, stopping 48 of 58 shots (.828 SV%) in three games.
2/12/13 – Craig Anderson (Senators) stopped all 42 shots he faced against the Sabres.
2/12/13 – Pekka Rinne (Predators) stopped 25 shots against the Sharks.
2/15/13 – Pekka Rinne (Predators) stopped 19 shots against the Coyotes.
2/16/13 – Ben Scrivens (Maple Leafs) stopped 34 shots against the Senators.
Braden Holtby makes multiple saves against Marion Gaborik:
Jake Allen makes a glove save on Alex Burrows in overtime:
Martin Biron makes a glove save on Matt Martin:
The Hockey Guys is all hockey, all the time. We put together a team of sensational writers covering CHL, AHL, NHL, NCAA and CWHL leagues supplying you with the most unique hockey views online.
Advertise With Us
Looking to expose your brand to hundreds of thousands of readers & Podcast LIsteners? Contact Jhabsthg@gmail.com for more details on our packages.